As school sports are already underway for the season, you will see many fields full of baseball, soccer and football players as you drive down your New Jersey streets. With sports season however, also comes lots of scrapes, bumps and bruises. If you are a parent of a sports player, it’s important to be prepared and have some supplies stored in your car. Although there are several items you may think of to have in a first-aid kit, these are some of the basic and multi-functional, that you may want to keep on hand during the sports season.
1. Band-Aids. Keep your favorite ones on hand for scrapes, cuts or blisters. Waterproof blister bandages are good to have in your first-aid kit in case any of your kid’s sports involve water or sweat.
2. Antiseptic wipes. These are great for removing any dirt, gravel or tar from cuts and scrapes, and sanitizing them until you can get home. Wipes are also a car essential for almost any type of mess you may encounter.
3. Neosporin. This first-aid essential will have almost instant relief for any scrape or cut. Swipe a little on the injury before placing the Band-Aid on, and you will have a hard time finding it again.
4. Ibuprofen. This pain reliever can help with pain and swelling before it gets to be too bad. It may also come in handy for the chauffer, by curbing those headaches.
5. Benadryl. Allergies can hit at any time, and if your children are especially prone to them, allergy medication is a good idea to store in your first-aid kit. From plants and pollen to pets, the game fields and parks can be full of allergy irritants.
6. Sports tape. Whether your child actually has a sports injury that needs tape or not, this too can be a multi-purpose too. Fix broken sports equipment or help tape up a knee.
7. Tweezers. From pulling out splinters to retrieving small objects, tweezers are another multi-tasking tool. Keep one on hand for anything you may have to dig out.
These are just some items that you may or may not find beneficial to keep in your car’s first-aid kit. For more suggestions, visit cars.com. And don’t forget to visit your local new and used auto dealer, Sansone Jr’s 66 Automall whenever you are out and about heading to sports events.