Many people in sales and other types of business use networking to help build and grow their client base. Whether networking on a daily basis or once a month, this aspect of your business can help you expand and grow your current clientele. To get the most out of your networking and help reach your goals, there are some tips you can follow when it comes to networking.
1. Determine who can help you expand your business. Before you can use networking to grow your business, you need to determine who you think can help you. Make a list of individuals and companies who you would like to pursue, whether or not you have a current or existing relationship.
2. Reach out to these contacts regularly. Keep in touch with them on a regular basis and see what you can do for them rather than always asking for something yourself.
3. Give back to your contacts. Find out what the interests of your contacts are and make sure to ask and always keep these interests part of your conversations. If you read an article, meet another contact or become aware of an event you think they would enjoy or benefit from, reach out to them about it.
4. Contact them through social media. Reach out to your contacts through social media and stay connected to what is going in their careers. Congratulate them on achievements and keep a dialog through the social media site.
5. Make time for updates. Periodically update and maintain your contact list to reflect any changes. Perhaps some of your contacts have retired or changed direction in which you don’t gain as much from each other anymore.
6. Show appreciation. On occasion, take the time to send your appreciation and thanks. This can be done through a handwritten note, fruit basket or other form of recognition.
For more information on what you can do to in your networking to help grow your business, visit www.inc.com. And you can also become a part of EZ Referral Network, the ultimate referral program.